Tuesday, December 14, 2010

When the weather out side is frightful...

Today the high temperature along the front range in Colorado is predicted to be 64 degrees. I know. It's heavenly. Many other areas of the US are in the deep freeze. One of my daughters was somewhat complaining to me the other day because she went on a Caribbean Cruise last week and came home to a 9 degree blizzard on Saturday. I'd feel sorry for her if it wasn't for the "Caribbean" part of that story. Today I checked the temperatures where my daughters (daughters and daughters-in-law) live and came up with the following...

Omaha, NE - 24 degrees
Rexburg, ID - 34 degrees
St. Louis, MO - 22 degrees
Spring Hill, TN - 26 degrees
Washington DC - 28 degrees

(Please explain to me why my children don't live closer to home...)

Anyway, when the weather outside is frightful there is nothing better than being bundled up in a warm scarf with toasty socks on your feet. Today I took pity on those poor freezing girls of mine and made each one a little treat. I whipped up one of my Easy Peasy Scarves (go here for the tutorial) and combined each scarf with a pair of knee-high socks from Target. I love the knee-high socks at Target. They are only $2 each, and last winter, when it was freezing here, I wore them every. single. day. I'm wearing flip flops this winter.



Isn't this a cute idea for a friend or loved one for Christmas? I love the combo of the scarf and socks. So cozy!



I took the socks and rolled them right up with the scarf and secured a little tag with ribbon...




These will go in the mail today. 
There's nothing like being wrapped in love...


Please remember to sign up for my Etsy Give Away and vote for "Just Another Hang Up" at The Blog Guidebook's "Top Blog of 2010" Contest! Go here (middle column) to vote! Thanks so much for your support!