Thursday, December 09, 2010

Easy Peasy Scarf ...

Here's a gift idea that is so easy and so inexpensive it's almost embarrassing! It would be a great gift for a girlfriend, your child's teacher, or it could be used as a stocking stuffer.  Here are the specifics...

1. Buy yourself some fleece of your choice. I chose a Christmas red because I wanted to wear this scarf during the month of December!

2. Cut two 4" pieces from the width of the fabric. My fabric was 62" wide, so my strips were 4" x 62".

3. Sew two of the short ends together to make a reeeeally long scarf.

4. Then simply sew down the middle of the scarf while bunching the fabric, like this...


My scarf was still a little too long after that first go around, so I bunched the fabric up even more and ran her through the machine again, scrunching up the fabric even more as I sewed right over the top of those first stitches!


I bought this fabric for $6.99 a yard, so this scarf cost me all of $1.50. That's right -- $1.50! I just love it and this morning when I went out to run a few errands I had two strangers stop me to ask where I had bought it. One thing I love about this scarf is that you can encourage it to twist, which is really a cute effect, see...

(Sorry about the poor quality in the above photo -- red
never photographs well -- especially when you 
don't have natural light and you're taking
the picture in a mirror!)

Anyway, this is such a fun, easy project!
Enjoy!

Linked to:
Get Your Craft on Tuesday @ Today's Creative Blog
Homemade Gift Ideas @ Tatertots & Jello
Saturday Soiree @ A Little Lovely
Frugalicious Friday @ Finding Fabulous
Friday Fun Finds @ kojo designs
Neighborhood & Teacher Gifts Linky @ Poppies at Play
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest