Monday, January 31, 2011

iPad Case...

About a month ago I was directed to this fabulous pillow tutorial at the blog Sew, Mama, Sew! I fell in love with the quilting techniques used in making that pillow and knew I wanted to use those techniques at some point in time -- either to make that gorgeous pillow or something else. Shortly after reading that tutorial I designed and created a Kindle Case for the Kindle I had received for Christmas. When one of my daughters-in-law, Mia, saw that case she mentioned that she would love something like that for her iPad! My thoughts immediately went to the tutorial at Sew, Mama, Sew! and a design for an iPad Case was born...

Mia's favorite color is green, so I found coordinating fabrics in my scrap stash. I followed the instructions in the tutorial at Sew, Mama, Sew! and sewed some strips of fabric together. I then used my rotary cutter to cut across the sewn strips to produce a colorful strip of fabric! 


Those strips, along with some white flannel and earthy muslin, were joined together to make the front of the case...


I absolutely love the white stripe and soft texture of the flannel next to the more course fabric of the muslin. Delicious!


I'm not entirely happy with the dimensions of the case. Next time I would make it a little smaller, but I am very happy with the design...


I used the same fabric for the back and lining. It's called "Pom Pom" and it's from the fabric line "Flourish" from Studio E by Alicia Place Frost. Love it!


Fusible fleece was attached to the front and back pieces and the lining pieces of this item, so the case is well-padded to give some protection to the iPad. If I make another one of these, I will make it slightly smaller and post the specific measurements for the case.


All in all I'm very happy with how it turned out.



Linked to:
Saturday Soiree @ A Little Lovely
Friday Fun Finds @ kojo designs
FFAFriday @ Sassy Sites
Show & Share @ Just a Girl
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
Hookin' Up with HOH
Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple
Show Off Your Stuff @ Fireflies & Jellybeans
Get Your Craft on Thursday @ Life as Lori
Anything Related @ All Things Related
All Things Domestic @ Crazy Domestic
Get Your Craft On @ Today's Creative Blog
The DIY Project Parade @ DIY Show Off
Craftomaniac Monday @ Craftomaniac