Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Heartfelt...


Do you have a minute?
Scoot on over...
let's talk.


There's been some wild happenings over at The Blog Guidebook of late. Who needs reality TV when you can watch a good show via a great blog? Yesterday the competition got a little ugly interesting. Three blogs are now duking it out for the Top Blog of 2010 position. Just Another Hang Up is not one of them. My blog is in a dead heat for last place. I'm beginning to like it there -- it's safe from the fray of battle. One can find all sorts of intrigue in this campaign for "the best blog." There's a dash of treachery, a pinch of debauchery, some outright covetousness, and all manner of rivalry happening. Not from the creators of the Top 5 Blogs, mind you, but from their loyal readers. (Ya gotta love 'em!)  At first I was a little shocked by it all...


Then, and this shows my true nature, it began to amuse and entertain me. I especially appreciated "Buck McNutt's" comment on Campaign Finance Reform. Oh man... that was a good one! 


There's nothing like loyal readers to make the creator of a blog feel like the time and effort spent in creating amusing, heartfelt, or informative posts is well-spent. It's obvious that each blog in this competition has individuals that are committed and faithful readers! I just want to say "thank you" to mine. Thank you for your kind, heartfelt emails of appreciation. Thank you for your warm, encouraging comments. Thank you for being creators of blogs that inspire and teach me and enrich my life. And thank you, Julie, for nominating me for the Top Blog of 2010. You guys are the best!


Have a wonderful day!