Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Dwipe Pattern and Tutorial...


A while ago I promised to have my Dwipe Pattern and Tutorial available shortly. It's taken a couple of weeks to get it just right, but the pattern and instructions are finally here!


You'll note in the photo above that there are two Dwipe PDF Patterns available in my Etsy shop. A week ago I had an ah-haaa moment. I decided if I can't beat 'em -- I'll join 'em. I have chosen to make both "Personal Use" and "Commercial Use" patterns available in my Etsy shop.


The "Personal Use" patterns {$5} will be for those who intend to use the items made from a pattern for personal use or for gifts for others. The "Commercial Use" patterns {$25} will provide a license for those who would like to sell for profit items made from my patterns.


I've struggled over the last few years with people making profit from items made from the copyrighted patterns that I distributed freely. By having "Commercial Use" patterns in my shop, I will give people the opportunity to sell items made from my patterns in an honest manner.


I feel confident that, given the opportunity, those who would like sell products made from my patterns will voluntarily pay a little more for that option.


Within the next few weeks I will be converting all of the patterns in my Etsy to both "Commercial Use" and "Personal Use." If you've bought one of my patterns prior to that time and would like to use it commercially, I will make a "Commercial Use" license available to you at a lower cost. Just convo (Etsy) or email me when the commercial pattern becomes available in my Etsy. I will be happy to have your previously purchased "Personal Use" pattern go toward the purchase of the "Commercial Use" pattern!