Monday, June 20, 2016

Furniture Refinishing -- Kitchen Table -- Part 4...


I'm done. The table is fully refinished, reassembled, and sitting in our nook. What's more... I love it. Love. Love. Love. I love the dark walnut stain on the top of the table that brings out the grain in the oak.



I love the distressed white base, that lightens up the room and "matches" a little buffet table I have to the side.


Please read Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3 for the products and techniques I used to refinish this project. I would highly recommend each and every product that was used.


Now to figure out the chairs. Do I refinish our current chairs? I shudder at the thought, but that might be the way I go. There's a place in our town that strips furniture. It would be about $30 - $40 a chair, but that's a lot less than buying new, and these chairs are solid wood. Or, do I buy these new Eames style chairs that I adore? {I love the juxtaposition of mixing different styles of furniture -- in this case -- traditional with retro/modern.}


I'm not sure which direction I want to go with the chairs. I'll think about it for awhile before I settle on something. In the meantime, we'll enjoy this "new" piece of furniture...


Here's the "before" {with a similar table} and "after." Although furniture refinishing can be a chore, it's certainly worth the price you pay in time and effort...



6 comments:

Debbie said...

Your table turned out beautifully!!

Reno said...

Yes, it's beautiful!

Ann said...

Your table looks great. One thing to watch with having someone strip your chairs is that they usually dip the chairs in a vat of stripper. This may have a negative effect on the glue holding the chairs together. No big deal, just reglue the joints prior to staining or painting. You probably know this but, just in case, I thought I would mention it. Have fun.

Suzanne said...

I didn't know that Ann, so thanks for the tip!

Joanna said...

Your table turned out lovely. I love the dark top compared to the light, antiqued base. I have a piece of furniture that I'm going to refinish and I'd like to get your advice on. I'll show it to you when you come this weekend.

Tricia said...

Beautiful!!