Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Little Girl Purse...


A year or more ago I pinned this adorable little girls purse pattern {free} by Nicole Willmore from Moda called Ruby's Party Bag. I finally had the cause to make it last week...


I'm going to give this itty bitty purse to an itty bitty girl that I love. She's going to become a big sister next month, so I wanted to make her a little surprise to give her when I go out to help.


This purse is about 8" wide and 6" tall {not including the straps} and is perfect for a toddler's tote. The pattern is easy to follow and whips up in no time. And, best of all, the pattern is free! Love the ruffles around the top of the bag.


I also like the side piece on the bag that makes it a little roomier inside. It's fully lined and is cutest with three contrasting fabrics...


Go here to download the free pattern and instructions. I love patterns that are given freely...so nice!



9 comments:

Maria said...

I remember seeing this pattern when it came out and never paid much attention to it but you've done an excellent job. Those fabrics are just gorgeous. I'm downloading it now.

Kate said...

What an adorable purse - Little Miss will be 'tickled pink' with it.

Sue said...

Wow! gorgeous purse. I think her mom might want one too in those beautiful fabric combinations.

Chris said...

Your fabric choices and combinations are sooooo pretty! This little bag is just adorable!!!Would you believe I made these for my grandaughters last year for a little Valentine gift? My grandaughters carry them everywhere and you are right, the 3coordinating fabrics and the ruffle really give the bag that "cute" factor. :) We really are kindred spirits huh?! :)

Nana Jan said...

WOW! You did a great job. You always choose the right fabrics. This purse is CUTE! :)
I'm going to download it now!

VickiT said...

What an adorable purse. I needed to find a super cute little girl purse too so this is great. My oldest Granddaughters birthday is the end of August and she wants a dress so I thought making a purse for her to go with it would be something she would love. Thank you for showing us.

Jan said...

Free patterns ARE great, Suzanne (and thank you for the many free patterns you have designed and generously shared). I love your take on this one and I bet that lucky little girl did too.

Abby / Linda said...

It is cute! And I love the fabric that you have chosen! Lucky little girl!

marge grizzard said...

The purse is very pretty. When I tried to print the pattern, only the side piece actually was viewed and printed. I did print the instructions, but need the actual purse piece itself.