Thursday, November 20, 2014

Crossbody Owl Purse Pattern & Tutorial


We've been invaded. A flock of owls has come to roost at our home...


A few months ago my six-year-old granddaughter and I were browsing Pinterest when she asked if I could make her an owl purse. I love it when I get requests from my children or grandchildren for something specific, so in preparation of the Christmas season I whipped up a pattern last week and got busy...


Normally, when I make a pattern I need to tweak it after the first go around, but this time the pattern worked from the get go! That was awesome, because I knew I wouldn't be making just one. I would be making a flock.


Four of our little granddaughters will be receiving these -- along with matching coin purse -- for Christmas. I asked each momma to measure across the body of each little recipient, to make the strap length perfect for each one. The two, three and four-year olds are getting one size bag and the six-year-old is getting a slightly larger version (blue in above photo).


I must admit... I'm in love.


For the month of December 2014 I made this pattern and tutorial
available free of charge to the readers of my blog.

However...


my
Little Girl Owl Crossbody Purse Pattern and Tutorial
 is now available for sale in my Etsy store.
Please go here to purchase a "personal use" pattern!


A "commercial use" pattern is also available in my Etsy shop.
The commercial use pattern gives the buyer license to make and sell items made from this pattern.

Both the small and larger version of the bag are
included in the pattern.


These little owls will be flying to destinations all over the U.S. in time for Christmas.
I'm pretty sure they will love the little humans that will take them in!