Monday, March 03, 2014

Grocery Bag Dispenser...


Are you one of those women that uses Pinterest with a passion, but rarely creates anything from the myriad of pins you've stored? Me too. I've decided to turn over a new leaf ...


I store the plastic bags I accumulate from the grocery store under my kitchen sink. The other day I opened it up, and it looked like a plastic bag factory blew up in my cupboard. Seriously. I decided right then and there what my next project would be, and, fortunately, I remembered I had pinned a tutorial for this very item. This Grocery Bag Dispenser is from a tutorial at Moda Bake Shop.


I happened to have a "charm pack" of fabrics in my stash, but you could also cut your own 5" x 5" squares from scraps or fabric you currently have. The project only takes 16 squares.


I used a 1/2" seam on this project, which makes finished squares that are 4" x 4".


It's amazing how many plastic bags fit into one of these dispensers. It tidies up a cupboard lickity-split!


I added a tab to the top of mine in case I ever want to hang it from a hook...


This project takes about an hour to complete, and it's the perfect project for a someone just beginning to sew.


Go here for the complete tutorial! 

Linked to:
Made by you Monday @ Skip to my Lou