Monday, March 07, 2011

Sunflowers...


I love sunflowers. Every year my garden sports a variety or two. Like our morning glories, they are hardly ever planted. They volunteer from seeds dropped the previous fall and nestle themselves next to my fence for a splash of color. I absolutely love their bright, sunny faces.


I decided it was high time to create one of these favorite flowers in fabric form. I began by purchasing some fabric in different shades using a sunflower as my inspiration...


I also bought some brown wooden beads that one "might" construe as sunflower seeds...


I used my full, luscious pattern that I created a couple of years ago to created my sunflower, but I only used the three larger petals from the pattern. I cut about five of each of those pattern pieces -- alternating colors from the three "yellow" fabrics that I purchased.

 {To order the original pattern AND this one, 
just go to my Etsy shop!}


Then I cut about six rounds in descending sizes of the two brown fabrics that I bought to make the middle of the flower...


All the fabric edges were singed and the layers of petals were stacked together and tacked in place with a needle and thread...


Then I sewed on the small wooden beads to add a few "sunflower seeds."


I cannot fully describe how much pleasure this little flower gives me! 
Hope you find pleasure in making one too.


{Remember: To "order" this pattern and the original pattern , go to my Etsy!}


Linked to:
Visit thecsiproject.com
VIP @ Designer Garden
Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors
All Things Domestic @ Crazy Domestic
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
Frugalicious Friday @ Finding Fabulous
Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple
20 Below @ Christina's Adventures
Show Off Your Stuff @ Fireflies & Jellybeans
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Chic Cottage
All Things Inspired @ All Things Heart & Home
Show & Tell @ Blue Cricket Design
Ten Bucks Tuesday @ Young Nester
Upcycled Awesome @ T-Shirt Diaries
Anything Related @ All Thingz Related
I Made it without my Hubby @ Shanty 2 Chic
Get Your Craft On @ Today's Creative Blog
Handmade Tuesdays @ Ladybug Blessings
Made with Love @  Sew Chatty
Meet-Up Monday @ The House Creative