Wednesday, June 30, 2010

a sneak peek...

I've been busy at work at, quite possibly, my favorite project evvvvvver. Ever. Ever. It has been formulating in my mind for quite some time, and I hope it turns out to be as fabulous as I've envisioned it in my musings. This project should be completed by the end of the week, but I thought I'd give you a little teaser...

I started by purchasing some "fine art" prints at Hobby Lobby. They were found on the 80% off clearance aisle. I wouldn't call myself clairvoyant by any stretch of the imagination, but six months ago even I would have been able to reason that the monkey print below would be found on the clearance rack come July. (To all monkey lovers out there -- I apologize.)

Earlier in the day I had gone to flea markets and thrift stores searching for inexpensive frames or framed prints. I wanted frames with a little character -- the gaudier the better! Unfortunately, there were none to be found. It was then that I remembered HL's clearance sale. I went there hoping to find some frames on sale and the rest is history. I brought those luscious frames home and went to work extracting the prints from the frames. You would think that would be an easy task, but I soon learned that HL glues, staples and tapes their prints into their frames -- all three on the same frame! It wasn't an easy task removing the prints from their homes!

Now came the fun part. A little spray paint magic...

I'm still not finished with the frames, but that's all that can be shown right now.

Today another element of this project arrived in the mail. That's it in the tissue paper. Can you guess what it is? Looks yummy, eh?

Later this week I will give you the low down and show the whole project. Right now I've got to get back to a little more spray paint shenanigans because those frames are not finished by a long shot!

Have a great day!