Monday, June 28, 2010

"Antique" Pedestal Bowl

I'm back in town after having a fabulous time at a family reunion last weekend. I'll have to tell you more about that in another post, but first I'll show you this little project I whipped up today. Raise your hand if you know that Hobby Lobby is having their semi-annual clearance sale. Yay!!! It's obvious that many of you already know, but if you haven't heard about their clearance sale (currently items are 80% off) why don't you high-tail it on down and check out it out. I bought this little metal pedestal bowl for $3. Unfortunately, I forgot to take the "before" photo, but it was painted black as night with red speckles. Odd. And dark. Gothic-like. Anyway, I wanted to lighten her up and place her on the desk in bedroom redo #3. I grabbed some Rustoleum American Accents Heirloom White spray paint and went to work.

I wasn't going for a pristine look, so I roughed her up a bit with some sandpaper...

and some Ralph Lauren Smoke Glaze...

Ahhhhh. Much better.

In my guest bedrooms a little chocolate treat is standard fair. It's important to have chocolate within reach -- especially when you are in unfamiliar surroundings and you've left your favorite blankie at home. Chocolate has a way of calming the soul of little people and big people. I thought this pedestal bowl would make the perfect container for a few goodies...

I'm feeling a chocolate craving coming on.
We may have to sleep in this bedroom tonight.



Hey All:
I've had a few people ask exactly what "Ralph Lauren Smoke Glaze" is. This is the top of the can which will give you all the information you need. Just make a copy of this photo, enlarge it a bit (so you can read it easily) and take it to Home Depot.

Linked to:
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Anything Related @ All Thingz Related