Monday, April 06, 2009

"Prairie Picnic"

Thorns and thistles. Coneflowers and sunflowers. They never looked so good! I named this Hang Up "Prairie Picnic." It takes me to another time and place. Let it transport you to a picnic on a pleasant midwestern summer's day -- blue skies, warm breezes, children's laughter, native flowers, and -- of course -- a bug or two! These beautiful fabrics are the dream child of Jane Sassaman for Free Spirit Fabrics. The designs were inspired by Jane's native Midwestern landscape. Every plant and insect on this fabric can be found in the rolling hills of Northern Illinois. Queen Anne’s Lace, sunflowers, Bachelor’s Buttons, teasel, moths and bugs all lend their honesty to these whimsical designs. I was enchanted with this fabric the first time I saw it, but I fell in love with it after I made this Hang Up. I hope you agree...


This Hang Up can be found in my Etsy shop later today...

11 comments:

Fiesta said...

lovely!

Shannon said...

wow! that one is so unique. i love the color combo!

devri said...

Oh almost poly.. I know one day you will come up with it!! wink wink.

I love it!

Kristine said...

Wow those colors are so rich! I love the blue next to the cream. Very nice!

Dan and Barbara said...

Amazing! This fabric is beautiful and those colors just came together beautifully.

Quilt Hollow said...

You have this wonderful eye for fabric choice....yes indeed another keeper! Now that I said keeper it makes me wonder....how many do you keep for yourself?! LOL

Suzanne said...

I've only kept two! I seriously want to keep them all! Have to force myself not to! ;o)

SassyDog said...

Tha is too cute! You have been a busy lady, a new tote, a little tote, and Easter nests to eat! Very nice indeed!!!

Renee said...

I love the colors! Very nice.

I'm so glad you tried the two recipes! I'll try to post another good one soon. Cooking is so fun, huh?

MiaKatia said...

Wow this may be one of my favorite ever. It reminds me of these curtains my parents had in their bed room when I was growing up. BEAUTIFUL!!!

Pudgeduck said...

WOW!!!Love this one! your descriptions are the best!!!!!