Monday, May 23, 2011

Creamy Dreamy Lemon Pie . . .

Generally speaking I'm a chocolate, caramel and nuts girl. I would take a Snicker's bar over fruity Skittles any day of the week. However, there is something about the impending heat of summer that brings about a change in me. I begin day-dreaming of sweet berries piled high and the tart taste of lemons. That is one of the reasons this Creamy Dreamy Lemon Pie appeals to me and why it tasted so good this last weekend...


A couple of reasons this pie is so dreamy are that it has so few ingredients and it takes just minutes to make. The fact that it's so inexpensive and easy to make makes each creamy lemony bite taste even better! See for yourself...

Creamy Dreamy Lemon Pie

8 whole graham crackers
3 Tbsp. butter
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
2 large eggs
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp. lemon zest
Whipped cream (optional)

Begin by crushing the graham crackers by pulsing them in a food processor or {like I do} putting them in a large Ziploc baggie and crushing them with a rolling pin or glass jar. Place the graham crumbs in a small bowl and add the butter. Mix until moistened. Press graham mixture into a 9-inch pie plate (do not use a "deep-dish" pie plate) and place it in the fridge until you are ready to fill it.

Mix together the condensed milk and 2 eggs until smooth and creamy. Add lemon juice and zest and beat all till combined. Pour this mixture into the pie crust. 

Bake pie in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Cool your pie completely and then refrigerate for best flavor. After cutting and plating the pie I add a little dollop of whipped cream and a little lemon zest onto each piece!


If you'd like to try the Weight Watchers version of this Creamy Lemon Pie, go here!

20 comments:

Farah Muzaffar said...

Hi Suzanne...
It looks so easy and tempting too I trie pies but never got a pefect result... But I think It works... it is not complicated and measurement of things are perfect... I am archiving it for my tomorrow experiment... hope it will work...
Hope you would to pay a visit to me at
http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/
Love
Farah

Connie said...

That looks so yummy, and simple too. You can't beat that combination.

Stacey said...

We make that exact pie and love each and every bite. :)

Tins and Treasures said...

Good evening, Suzanne,
I absolutely love lemon...thanks for sharing this recipe!

Have a terrific Tuesday ~Natalie

Jenn said...

GOODNESS! This recipe looks JUST like the pie my husband's mother used to make!! She never would give her recipe and every time I tried to duplicate it, it was too runny....I'm so excited and can't wait to make it for my hubby!!!! THANK YOU!!! :)

Bonnie said...

Oh, I must try this! I love anything lemon and this seems perfect for a summer day (if we ever get one that is).

Diane Davies said...

My son loves lemon cakes so I'm going to have to give this a try. I'm not much of a cook and havent' used fresh lemon juice before. How many lemons would it take to get the 1/2 cup needed? Of course, I'm pinning this also. ; )

Another Stacy said...

Have now made this twice -- it's divine!! I use more lemon juice and zest than called for in the recipe to give it additional zing! I use around 4 lemons (juice & zest) total.

brookiepetti said...

My family LOVES this pie! thank you for posting a simple but yummy recipe for something that everyone loves. Great job!

Maria said...

WHAT A PIE!!! many thanks for this simple and tasty pie! everyone loved it!!! great balance of sourness and sweetness!!! try it!!!

Mamadala said...

I found this on Pinterest and made it last night. Super easy and fantastic results! I wanted to use my new deep dish pie pan so I increased the recipe by 1/2 and baked for an additional 12 minutes and it was perfect. I'll be making this again for sure! Also- If you like basil lemon drop martinis, infuse the whipping cream with basil before whipping it and this pie tastes just like it! Yum!

Starla J. said...

Looks yummy! Thank you!

Carrie said...

I made this last night and followed the other commenter's suggestion for a deep dish pie- that is the only kind of pie plate I have. I used 11 or 12 graham crackers, 6 T butter, 1.5 cans of condensed milk, 3 eggs, 1 cup of fresh Meyer lemon juice, and only about 1 t of rind because that's all I could easily get. It was FANTASTIC!!!!! We couldn't wait for it to cool all the way and it was still amazing. Thank you for posting this recipe.

Elma R. Kukaj said...

I just made this and my husband LOVED IT!!!! (Let's keep in mind that my husband is a very, very picky eater) I am impressed, will be sure to make this a lot! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Veronica Perez said...

Can you please confirm if you add the whole egg, or just the 2 YOLKS??

Thanks!!!

Veronica Perez said...

Please confirm if you use the entire egg or just the yolks - thanks!

Suzanne said...

The whole eggs!

LydiaO said...

This is the best lemon pie ever. It just replaced my family recipe for the holidays. Thanks!

Bet said...

I can't believe I haven't commented yet - this pie is the BEST! I made it for the first time this summer, and it was the star of the Thanksgiving pies this year. I love how simple it is and the balance of the sweet and tangy flavors. SO good! Thanks for sharing your recipe!

Larissa B. said...

This was delicious. It's like key lime pie, except with lemons - which makes it even better, IMO. It also reminds me of KFC's lemon parfait that I loved growing up. And so easy and cheap! Definitely a keeper!