Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Mother's Day Gift Idea...

I love the sentiment behind Mother's Day. The other day my hubs and I were shopping and we found the perfect Mother's Day Gifts for our mothers. Several months ago I bought this little beauty for myself. I found it at one of my favorite stores, Crate and Barrel. It's called the "Lucy Vase." It's petite size is perfect to be used as a bud vase. Delicate, embossed vines climb the side of this creamy, white ceramic vase. I just love it and have used it with a splash of greenery or a budding blossom since I purchased it. Both of our mothers have flower gardens and often bring in little snippits of blossoms from their gardens to display. With summer coming it would be perfect to use as a little vase for one of those garden flowers. But wait, there's more goodness...

I'm a little hesitant to reveal just how much this beauty costs, er you think me a big cheapskate. Trust me when I say that our mothers are worth a lot more than this, but I know that they will love and use this little vase as much as I have. Truth is... it costs $5.95! You heard me right. It's the thought that counts, right? I'm hoping that's the case. But wait, the goodness continues...

When you purchase an item at Crate and Barrel, they will package it in a sturdy mailable box with gobs of paper padding -- free of charge. You heard me right. When you check out just let them know that you intend to ship it and they will make that little vase as snug as a bug! (They also ship for a reasonable price, so you could order online.)

Anyway, I just thought I'd pass on this great idea. I think it's a beautiful Mother's Day gift -- not because it's inexpensive or easy to mail, but because it is beautiful and every time your mother looks at it she will remember she is loved!

Ahem... it just occurred to me that I should suggest that totes are nice gifts for Mother's Day presents as well.... (nothing like shooting yourself in the foot!) ;o)