Friday, April 17, 2009

"Ma Belle"

Yesterday I had a few hours to build this beauty. This Hang Up is made from fabric in Amy Butler's line, "Belle." I love Amy Butler fabrics. They are absolutely beautiful in their rich design and use of color. I have found, however, that they can at times be a challenge to work with. Sometimes, within the same line there are "inconsistencies" in color. I don't think this bothers the flamboyantly creative person, but it has, occasionally, been a challenge for me. Having said that, she is an incredibly creative, fresh designer and continues to be one of my favorites. I especially love the muted moss green and bright turquoise colors in these designs.

I named this tote "Ma Belle", which means "My Pretty" or "My Pretty One" in French. I think it deserves a French name. I feel like spouting French when I look at it. It would be helpful if I knew how to speak French, but that's beside the point.

This little beauty will be found in my Etsy later today.

7 comments:

gramee said...

who would have known these colors would be so beautiful together!
keep up the good work.
i am still trying to convince the little birdie to purchase a tote for my mothers day present!

Maryam said...

Santa mama! Looks amazing! Yummy! Did Jill get there safe?

Carolynn said...

These are gorgeous bags! Perfect for a stroll through a French farmer's market, I think...

Jan said...

As always, beautiful! I'm so proud that I have one of your totes -- in my favorite-est of color combinations. I get repeated compliments on it everytime it's out and about (which is often!)

Becky said...

Ooh La La!! Those colors are so very pretty together. Your granddaughter is so cute. What long lashes she has!

Shawn said...

SOOOOOO beautiful!!

I heart this one!

Lisa said...

You make Amy Butler look so go! (And you should take that as quite the compliment seeing as how she does a pretty nice job on her own.) :)