Friday, April 17, 2009

"Ma Belle"

Yesterday I had a few hours to build this beauty. This Hang Up is made from fabric in Amy Butler's line, "Belle." I love Amy Butler fabrics. They are absolutely beautiful in their rich design and use of color. I have found, however, that they can at times be a challenge to work with. Sometimes, within the same line there are "inconsistencies" in color. I don't think this bothers the flamboyantly creative person, but it has, occasionally, been a challenge for me. Having said that, she is an incredibly creative, fresh designer and continues to be one of my favorites. I especially love the muted moss green and bright turquoise colors in these designs.

I named this tote "Ma Belle", which means "My Pretty" or "My Pretty One" in French. I think it deserves a French name. I feel like spouting French when I look at it. It would be helpful if I knew how to speak French, but that's beside the point.

This little beauty will be found in my Etsy later today.