Tuesday, April 28, 2009

"Blushabye Baby!"

Last week was a busy one. We had our daughter, her husband and our 18 month old grandson here for a visit. They left this morning and immediately things were way too quiet, so I decided to make a little noise with my sewing machine and whip up a Hang Up. I was in a wild and crazy mood (yup, this is as crazy as it gets around here), so I rearranged my tote pattern a bit. Let me explain... I've been inspired lately by blogs that focus on quilting. Take a look at this post. ...So now you understand my adoration. Spectacular, aren't they? I could make a list of at least 100 blogs that feature beautiful quilts because I've been admiring them all. All this creativity has begun to wear off on me. Not enough that I would actually start a quilt. I'm much too much of a 3-hour-project-type girl for that, but today I did decide to redesign my tote pattern a bit to pay homage to those quilting ladies that I so admire. This tote is my version of a pieced patchwork!

I decided to use Sandi Henderson's fabric line called, Ginger Blossom, for this creation. This line, designed for Michael Miller fabrics, is a delightful combination of florals, geometric tiles and dots. Predominate colors are clear hues of blush pink, avocado green and Caribbean blue. I chose the "blush pink" hues for this beauty. It lives up to its name. I'm blushing already -- ergo its name "Blushabye Baby!" (Sometimes the names I give my totes even impress me! Geesh -- that's a cute one!) Anyway, I enjoyed making it...

I was happy the way this Hang Up turned out, but making it didn't take away the fact that I miss my grandbaby. I think you'll agree that this ol' tote doesn't even come close to his cuteness. Talk about an adorable blushing baby...

16 comments:

lusciouschaos said...

This one is beautiful.

Tolentreasures said...

Beautiful, Happy Grandson. He is adorable and the tote really reflects those adorable rosy cheeks.
Cathy

Quilt Hollow said...

You aim to please and did as always! Your fabric choices are fantastic!
Also...what a sweetie of a grandbaby!

AnAggiebug said...

Love the new design!

MiaKatia said...

I love the angles and and the fabric. The new design is really cool and beautiful.

Jan said...

Beautiful! Love the colors and design. And just FYI -- cupcake tote arrived while I was gone and now it's in the hands of Miss Maya who LOVES it. (me too!). Thank you so much!

Kristen said...

Adorable! And the tote is really great too!

Pudgeduck said...

Great new design! Great name! Great smile!!!

kisa said...

AMAZING! I love the fabric combo!

Carla said...

Love your choice of fabrics! So cheery, but your right, NOTHING in comparison to that grandbaby! (aren't these grandbabies the COOLEST things?:)

Becky said...

Your grandson is just too cute! The tote is gorgeous and so is the one with the Eiffel Tower. My daughter loves all things Paris!

AnnieOfBlueGables said...

Yup, I know the empty feeling. My daughter and her two darling children just left yesterday morning. I blogged about it as well. sheesh
::sniff:;
~a

Carolynn said...

Very pretty & cheerful. I like the Paris inspired tote, as well.

I have a quilt that I started a few years ago now. My enthusiasm waned and now I'm kind of stuck. I love quilts and mine would be fabulous with the colours I've chosen, however...I'm not quite ready to pick it up again, yet.

Kristine said...

Oh that's neat! Nice work!

Judy said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Bob is hiding my check book . . .

Muddy Boot Dreams said...

I love the colors, and the combo. Wonderful how we can all be inspired by blogging and each other.

What a cutie pie your grandson is.

Jen