Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Shabby Chic Flower and Lace

Do you remember a week ago that I mentioned I went to one of our local flea markets and purchased some items? One of the items was the vase filled with spheres of various sizes and shapes of string. I still smile every time I walk by it. That day I was also looking for vintage hand-worked lace for a muslin pillow I was dreaming up. I was so happy when I found the perfect thing. Take a look...

I thought it was beautiful and the price was lovely as well.

It wasn't actually a tablecloth but a smallish runner. It had a few little imperfections where age had taken its toll, but I knew I could work around those and make something wonderful.

I love the idea of repurposing something of worth. It makes my heart happy. Especially something that originally took someone a lot of time and effort to make. I started by cutting around those imperfections and attaching the lace to the front of the pillow...

Then I whipped that little pillow into shape and added a few beautiful muslin posies...

This little beauty turned out just the way I envisioned her. I'm always grateful when an idea comes together. I'd love to keep her, but she's headed to my Etsy...



Linked to:
Show & Tell @ Blue Cricket Design
Be Inspired Link Party @ Room to Inspire
Boardwalk Bragfest @ Bobbypins Boardwalk
Woo Hoo Wednesday @ Always Nesting