Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Bloomin' Tuesday

I love tulips, but I've never had much luck with them in my own garden. My neighbor, however, has a green thumb when it comes to tulips of all varieties, and because her home is situated right across the street from ours we are the beneficiaries of her gardening genius. Last fall Jennifer planted some double tulips much to the delight of surrounding neighbors this spring. These voluptuous tulips resemble peonies or roses in their fullness, and they add a romantic touch to any flower bed. Oft times they have a soft, pleasant fragrance as well. Frankly, these beauties are a little past their peak by now. I should have featured these flowers a month ago, but they are still beautiful, and I'm anxious to enjoy them till the last minute!

And here's a sneak peak for next week's Bloomin' Tuesday post. I can't even tell you how excited I am about these sleepy little birdies!

To visit more Bloomin' Tuesday posts,
trek on over to Ms. Green Thumb Jean's.