Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Odd Obsession

Yesterday morning I planned a quick stop at our local flea market. I had two items on my shopping list. I wanted to purchase some antique milk bottles to put in a PB drink caddy that I bought a week ago, and I wanted to keep an eye out for some aged handmade lace that I could add to some muslin pillows. I scored on both counts. I'll post about those later, but as I was perusing the aisles my eyes lit on these...

Seventeen spheres of milky white fibrous string...

Sweet mother of pearl, this is creamy goodness at its best...

You may remember that I recently redecorated my entryway with a tone on tone creamy-white color scheme. I knew these pallid balls of fiber would fit perfectly in that area. I quickly checked the price. (Yippity-do-da-day!)

I've never admitted this openly, but I just might have a slight obsession with string and yarn-like fibers. I find them beautiful! I'm not sure what that says about me. If there's a psychologist out there, please don't analyze me. I'd rather be oblivious to my oddities.

I just love the texture and color of string and yarn. I find them beautiful in a rustic, earthy kind of way. Ivory colored fibers are my very favorite. They remind me of fisherman cable knits.

Pair these fibrous spheres in various of shades of color and density with a huge glass vase and a thick satin ribbon and you have a blond bombshell! I'm giddy. Absolutely. Giddy.


I love it when I go shopping for a certain something, and I come back with an item I never anticipated buying. So much fun!

Mmmm. 'Twas a good day at the local flea market.


Linking to:
Frugalicious Friday @ Finding Fabulous
Show Off Your Stuff Party @ Fireflies and Jellybeans
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Chic Cottage
Get Your Craft on Thursday @ Life as Lori
Strut Your Stuff Thursday @ Somewhat Simple

18 comments:

One Cheap B*tch said...

That looks really pretty! Vintage and shabby chic!

Jeanine

gail@myrepurposedlife.net said...

yay! happy for you that you found something so perfect!
it looks great!
gail

Angie @ The Country Chic Cottage said...

GORGEOUS!! I love em too...you are not alone....

MiaKatia said...

I love the way it looks. I love jars filled with one common item. I think it is such a great collection.

Suzanne said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty! Great display.

Frugal Home Designs said...

Ok, so I have to know, where is your local flea market? I have been down to the Mile High Flea Market before, but that is it.

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

COOL idea...looks great! Hope you have a FUN day:)

Blessings,
Linda

Muddy Boot Dreams said...

I am thrilled to see them, they are sooooo gorgeous. YOU? have a obsession with fibers, are you kidding?

Love the birds nest, those are my obsession.

Jen

Jenni said...

The string represents your deep desire for collect spiders while the beige color calms your subconscious desire to join the circus....

Yeah, I got nothing.

Love the vase, though.

:-)

Jenni said...

TO collect spiders, that is.

Clearly, I have a fundamental prejudice against prepositions.

Therapy time!

Fawnda said...

These stings and yarn look so great! it is soft and beautiful! :)

Maureen@Cottage960 said...

I love this idea. Now I have to go raid my sewing box for old thread. You have some really great ideas on your blog, I'm your newest follower.

Tina said...

Love, love, love the string and what you have done with them!! They look gorgeous:) ~ Tina xx

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Oh my, these are beautiful in your vase. I also love the texture of string and yarn. Sounds like we have the same bottle carrier from Pottery Barn. I recently did a post showing mine in a tablescape. Looking forward to seeing how you use yours.

Leslie, the Home Maker said...

Delicious!
I love decorating with sewing bits of this and that!
Thank you so much for the idea- I also loved the sweet satin ribbon tied around the cylinder- very sweet!
Blessings on your day!

Lori said...

That is so very pretty! Really, I love it.

Thanks for joining Get your Craft on Thursday. Please join me again for another great party.

Stephanie Lynn said...

Oh my goodness - This is simply fabulous at it's best. Love the simplicity. Would love to have you stop by The Sunday Showcase Party if you get a chance! Great find...I need some string now!!

Room to Inspire said...

I love how you displayed your collection! Very fun and chic.

Chelsea