Saturday, May 22, 2010

Rice Krispie Treat Cake

It's my birthday today. {Haaaappy Birthday to meeeeee...} To commemorate the day I thought I'd show you a cute shippable birthday cake. A couple of years ago I made my first Rice Krispie Treat Cake. At that time my son was serving a mission for our church away from home, and I wanted to send him a birthday cake through the mail. A few weeks before his birthday I came upon this website and decided if there was ever a cake concocted that might possibly survive the U.S. Postal Service and end up arriving intact at its destination, it might just be this one. I whipped it up, sent it off, and {hallelujah} it arrived intact! In addition by wrapping it carefully in plastic wrap, it arrived at its destination fresh and tasty!

These cakes are so easy to make. Just grab 3 containers that stack nicely on top of one another. For molds I gathered a round cake pan and two square bowls. I lined my pans with non-stick plastic wrap which made it easy to pull out the layers when they were cooled. Use the recipe from the website above. I used 1 1/2 recipes for the cake I created. Push the Rice Krispie mixture firmly into the lined pans, so the layers will be nice and dense.

When the layers are cool, stack them on top of one another, and you're ready to decorate. I used a store-bought frosting in a tube to attach the candy to the cake. Whaaaaalaaaa! So easy!

Enjoy!