Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Queen Bee Pillow

A queen bee is necessary for the survival of any honey bee hive. Among humans a mother in the home helps family members not only "survive" but thrive. As we all know this Sunday is Mother's Day, so I've been thinking about a pillow that helps symbolize the importance of a mother. That's a tall order. I'm not sure there is any one thing that can symbolize such a diverse and important position, but here's my feeble attempt.

It's my a "Queen Bee" Pillow. Every woman should have one. And every mother should be treated like royalty this weekend. That's for sure.

Once again I made a stencil to make this pillow. You can go here for the procedure of how to stencil onto fabric. I think this would be really cute stenciled onto fabric and put in a frame as well!

I used Apple Barrel Acrylic Paint "Country Tan" and toned it down with some white acrylic. I wanted a tone on tone feel for this beauty.

"Queen Bee" would be adorable outside on a porch or patio or inside where the mom could be reminded often of her importance!

I've put this one in my Etsy. A number of people have encouraged me to make some pillows for my shop. This is the first, but within the next few weeks more will arrive.

Hope your day is filled with lots of flowers and a few buzzing bees!



Linked to:
Friday Fun Finds @ Kojo Designs
Boardwalk Bragfest @ Bobbypins Boardwalk
Anything Related @ All Thingz Related
DIY Day @ A Soft Place to Land
Toot Your Horn Tuesday @ A Silly Little Sparrow
Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays @ Coastal Charm
Get Your Craft On Tuesday @ Today's Creative Blog