Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Simplify...

Have y'all seen enough pillows from me lately? Seriously, with all the pillows I've been making you would think my house would be full of them by now. Not. Quite.

Yesterday I posted about making a new pillow that will reside on a landing in my entryway. After completing it I wondered if it was a little over the top. I really appreciated the positive comments that I received about it, and as the day wore on I fell in love with it more and more. As I passed it going from room to room yesterday, I would look at those cute muslin flowers and bunched up gathers and realize that over the top can be a good thing!

The space in my entryway where I will place this pillow and two others is a landing going up to our second floor...

I've had some darker -- more wintery -- pillows there for the last 6 months, and I'm choosing to lighten the area up a bit. I'm making three pillow covers and using the pillow forms from the previous pillows. Because I'm using different types of muslin @ $2.99 & $1.99 a yard and buying it on sale at 40% off, I would say that each pillow is costing me about $3 at the very most!

Even though I have grown to appreciate the little rosette pillow I made yesterday, I knew if she was going to "work" she would have to be paired with two other more simple pillows. This is what I came up with for one of them...

I love the simple, classic lines of this one...

Just one pleat with a few unmatched buttons adorning him.

The perfect backdrop for the star...

They are a cute match, aren't they?

Have a nice day.


Linked to:
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Chic Cottage
Show & Tell @ Blue Cricket Design
Be Inspired @ Room to Inspire