Monday, April 12, 2010

Bloomin' Tuesday

It's time to crank out a Bloomin' Tuesday post. For those of you who are new to my blog, this is a post I publish weekly throughout the late spring, summer and early autumn months when my garden is beginning to bloom and in full swing. Here's an example of such a post last July. In the next few weeks I'll be posting periodically as my garden is just barely coming to life. Colorado is a late bloomer compared to most other states. Dandelions have been the rock star in my garden for a week or two now. I was so anxious to see yellow "flowers" that I felt like watering and fertilizing them when they first made their appearance. I held off however, and now I'm glad I did. Now there are other, more appropriate, buds starting to shine!

Here's a collage to show what's blooming this week...

Clockwise, starting top left:
Iceland Poppy, Spring Charm Arabis,
Gaillardia (not related to dandelions -- although they do resemble each other),
and Rockfoil Saxifraga



To visit more Blooming Tuesday posts, go here.