Monday, April 12, 2010

Bloomin' Tuesday

It's time to crank out a Bloomin' Tuesday post. For those of you who are new to my blog, this is a post I publish weekly throughout the late spring, summer and early autumn months when my garden is beginning to bloom and in full swing. Here's an example of such a post last July. In the next few weeks I'll be posting periodically as my garden is just barely coming to life. Colorado is a late bloomer compared to most other states. Dandelions have been the rock star in my garden for a week or two now. I was so anxious to see yellow "flowers" that I felt like watering and fertilizing them when they first made their appearance. I held off however, and now I'm glad I did. Now there are other, more appropriate, buds starting to shine!

Here's a collage to show what's blooming this week...

Clockwise, starting top left:
Iceland Poppy, Spring Charm Arabis,
Gaillardia (not related to dandelions -- although they do resemble each other),
and Rockfoil Saxifraga



To visit more Blooming Tuesday posts, go here.

13 comments:

Jillian said...

Apparently spring had sprung in Colorado!

Julie said...

I just planted some Gallardia...does it come back year after year, or is it an annual there? The seeds I got are for Arizona Sun variety...orange and yellow flowers! I am watching the pot anxiously on the window ledge in the kitchen! I got the seeds off a neighbors plant.

Suzanne said...

All of the plants in this collage are perennials in Colorado. My variety of Gaillardia is very hardy!

Linda (PA_shutterbug) said...

All of your blooms look very nice. I like especially the Iceland Poppy.

Darla said...

Very nice collage!

Sherrie said...

Hi!
They are all beautiful blooms. Love that poppy. I have orange ones here. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Sherrie's Stuff
http://sherrie-plummer.blogspot.com/2010/04/bloomin-tuesday_13.html

Paula said...

Love the collage! Can you send me the link again to make those _ I can't find it.
Your flowers are amazing ! I love the bits of color that are starting - I thin kyou and I muust be in close blooming stages geographically. I have daffodills almost ready to pop and dandelions making their appearance too. Maybe next week there will be more!
Thanks for sharing.
Paula

perennialgardener said...

Wow your Gallardia is blooming already. It will be another month before mine puts out any blooms. I love those Poppies, so pretty. :)

Jean said...

Suzanne, I'm glad spring has finally come to Colorado! I love all your blooms! Jean

Carla said...

Loving this yellow Gaillardia, yellow just screams spring:)

Elena said...

The Gaillardia is pretty! My 3 year old daughter saw all the dandelions in our yard and said, "Mommy look at all the beautiful flowers!" I just love the perspective of a child:)

Tammy said...

beautiful! I have some gaillardia I am trying to start from seed by w/s. Cant wait.

Robin said...

I am in Colorado Springs but I only have daffodils blooming right now. Are you at a lower elevation than I am?

Your pillows are awesome.