Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Rosette Garden Pillow

Yesterday I tried my hand at a new fabric flower pattern. I love the shabby chic look of these muslin rosettes. I made them to use on a pillow design that I had formulating in my mind.

This morning I whipped up the pillow, but I'm unsettled. I think sometimes less is more and this pillow, I think, is a good example of that. It might be a little too "busy." Too many flowers -- to many gathers -- just too much.

On the other hand, sometimes when I've worked on on a project for awhile I become uber critical of it. I usually have to set it aside for a day or two then go back to it to fully appreciate it. You can tell I'm a little conflicted, but I think I'll warm up to it in a day or two. Time will tell. This will be one of three pillows that I'll probably use on a landing in my entry way.




Linked to:
Our Favorite Thingz @ All Thingz Related
Toot Your Horn Tuesday @ A Silly Little Sparrow

19 comments:

Mary-ham said...

Ah, you tried something new. That's cool. Especially when 99.9% of the things you make are dizzyingly delightful...it is ok to have something that is not your favorite...

Nedra said...

Great job Susanne! I love your new pillows!

Janet said...

Very ornate but beautiful!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

It is absolutely perfect Suzanne!!! Don't change a thing!!!

{All Thingz Related} said...

Well, I for one, love it! I wish I could sew like that! Thanks for sharing @ ANYTHING RELATED!
~Rebekah

Mary Beth @ Live. Laugh. Make Something said...

looooove it!

Quilt Hollow said...

You are just too much! Where did all that talent come from?!

Caitlin and Cade said...

I love it! I love all you pillows!!!! Would you please please do a tutorial on how you do your ruffles... You could do a whole pillow if you wanted! ;) I would love to see how you do it....

Katie said...

I love it!!!

MiaKatia said...

I love the rosettes. But those pleats just have my heart!

{All Thingz Related} said...

I am recently in love with fabric flowers and this pillow is GREAT!
~Bridgette

Room to Inspire said...

Another wonderful pillow!

Chelsea

Dana said...

I think this is super=duper wonderful!! I'm filing this away in my to-do file. Thanks for sharing!

Carol said...

I love this pillow! I've been making some pillows too. Mine have the rushing in them also. I'll have to make one like yours! Thanks for sharing!
Visit me sometime.
http://songberries.blogspot.com
I'm posting my pillows on Monday next week.

Katie said...

I love it! New follower!

Tina said...

Oh I love it and don't think it is too much at all!! Your pillows are always so gorgeous Suzanne, you are amazing!! ~ Tina x

Thankfully Thrifty said...

It's fabulous! I love it!

Dana said...

So cute!!! I can't wait to give it a try. Found you through my amazing SIL.

Maddie said...

I think if the pillow had different patterns, or colors, it may be a little much. The fact that it's uniform in color makes all the difference here and I think it works beautifully!