Thursday, January 04, 2018

Adult Children's Christmas Quilts -- Part 4...


Here's one more look at a couple more Christmas quilts I made for our adult children. Meghann and Justin have a beautiful home with whites/creams, grays, and wood tones. It's soothing and relaxing and beautiful, so I wanted their quilts to be in neutral colors so that it would compliment the surroundings instead of standing out like a sore thumb.

Once again I chose a travel theme for our son Justin's quilt. He spent two years in Italy and has traveled extensively across the globe, so I built a quilt around this beautiful creamy airplane and stamp themed fabric...


I paired that fabric with three other neutral fabrics that were so beautiful together. I love how this one turned out, and it looks beautiful in their home.


Meghann actually chose a couple of her fabrics. I asked her for some suggestions and she came up with the gray leaf fabric and the adorable sweater fabric. I used the leaf on the front of the quilt and the sweater fabric on the back...


A leaf motif was used for the quilting on this quilt...




It seems like it's taken as much time to write posts about the quilts as it took to make them! Only two more quilts left to blog about. I can't wait to get my sewing machine out, but I promised myself when we came home from California that I wouldn't start a new project until I packed up all the Christmas decoration. Tomorrow the machine comes out!