Monday, January 01, 2018

Adult Children's Christmas Quilts -- Part 2...


Here are four more quilts I made for our adult children. The first one is for our daughter Shannon. She asked for navy and coral colors, so I made a quilt with many different fabrics with those colors. The one plain fabric I love to put in quilts is white. In this particular quilt, it's really pretty...




Shannon's husband, Seth, is a football enthusiast. I found this fabric in Utah over the Summer and knew I had to get it for him. He sent me this photo on the Saturday after Christmas with this caption, "My comfortable view right now is so appropriate!" Considering how cold it was last week in his neck of the woods, I'm glad he was comfortably warm while watching his favorite past-time.


Here are a couple more photos of his quilt. Note that the quilting has a football theme...



Two more quilts were for our son Forrest and his fiance Derek. Derek loves bears, so I had to buy him a fabric that reflected that interest. I found this delightfully handsome bear fabric. I love the scarf around that stylish bear's neck...


Here's a couple of photos of Derek's quilt made up. He said he liked shades of gray. I don't know if you can tell, but the quilting is a bear's paw print...



I wanted our son Forrest's quilt to reflect a similar woodland theme, so I chose these fabrics...


I love the way his quilt came together. Note that the quilting on Forrest's quilt is different paw prints from woodland creatures...



More to come in a day or two...