Tuesday, January 02, 2018

Adult Children's Christmas Quilts -- Part 3...


Only two more posts and I'll be done highlighting all the quilts I made for our children and their spouses. These next two are for our son, Cameron, and his wife, Kisa. They live in Germany and from the photos we've seen this last month, no one does Christmas like Germany. My daughter-in-law is an incredible decorator, so I knew I wanted to do her quilt up right! When I saw the fabric for her quilt online, I knew immediately I'd found the right print. Here's what the top looked like before I took it to the longarm quilter...


Kisa loves pink and red, so this print was perfect. It's a Cotton and Steel fabric entitled "Wonderland." Love it. I paired it with a blue fabric for the border and back from the same line.




Our son, Cameron, has crossed the globe many times, so I thought an airplane theme would be good for him. The inspiration fabric was one I'd used before, but I paired it with different complimentary fabrics...



The next two quilts are Mia's and Joe's. Mia has always loved owls -- rightly so because she is as wise and bright as they come. I found this beautiful owl fabric and knew I was looking at her quilt...




Funny thing about her husband's quilt. The day I finished putting the top together on Joe's quilt I texted Mia with a photo. She wrote back saying that anchors are very symbolic in their relationship. I knew they'd had a nautical themed wedding, but I didn't put it together until she brought it up. I had chosen the nautical theme because they live in Florida! Sometimes, in spite of ourselves, things align in a perfect way as it did with Joe's quilt...




Have a nice day!