Thursday, December 25, 2008

Pearl Softness...

I can see why knitting is currently the rage. It's so nice to have a hobby that you can pick up at any moment and put down a few minutes later without having to clean up half a room. I'm not ready to retire the ol' sewing machine yet, but I've enjoyed myself these last few days with this "new" hobby.

I don't plan on selling the scarfs I'm knitting, but if I was going to sell this one its name would be "Pearl Softness." This yarn is so soft & luscious! The winter-white color is beautiful. I'm keeping this one for myself. This time I only cast on 18 stitches and it's the perfect width for a scarf with this threadlike yarn. The beauty of this yarn with it's many soft, little scraggly threads is that you can't even make out the individual stitches. This is perfect for the novice knitter, because my stitches might be rather imperfect. Who can tell? Not me. That's for sure. Anyway, I have about a foot left to knit, but here's a preview ...