Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Bloomin' Tuesday...Pansies


A month and a half ago when cold weather and snow were still a very real possibility along the front range of Colorado, I planted a large pot of pansies and put them by our front door. We were anticipating our son's wedding the end of April, and I determined pansies might be the only flower that could withstand a cold snap. The pansies flourished...


Since then, I've moved the container to my backyard and put it under the shade of a locust tree.


I'd never considered potting pansies in the past. I don't know what the heat of the summer will bring because pansies aren't heat tolerant, but I hope they will last through the summer until cooler weather prevails in the fall. Here's a top view of all the colors of pansies we have planted in this container...


Last year I planted succulents in the birdbath in our tiered garden...


Although I loved the look, none of them lasted through the winter, and I decided I wanted a little more color this year. So... more pansies were installed in the birdbath...


Our birdie doesn't seem to mind the change.


Wishing you a beautiful day.