Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Bloomin' Tuesday


A happy Bloomin' Tuesday to you all! I'm a little late getting to my Bloomin' Tuesday post this morning. Blogging takes second place to more important things -- like taking a walk, smelling the roses, watching the grass grow -- during the summer. That's how it should be.


I have a little bit of everything for my Bloomin' Tuesday post today. This last year we had several storms that thinned our trees considerably. It looked like a war zone around here after an early snowstorm/ice-storm last fall.  Huge branches were torn off well-established trees as the heavy snow and ice mounted on the still leafy trees.  Since then we've had a number of wind storms that have thinned the trees even more. Although this has left our trees in a sad state, it has given our garden area some much needed sunshine! Our morning glories have perked up and are doing better than they have in years! Here we have our first morning glory blossoms...


As I've said before our spring this year was unusually warm. Blossoms and blooms are a full three weeks ahead of schedule. Yesterday I looked out my bedroom window and noticed a pink tint to our cherry tree. Looks like we'll have some ripe cherries in a couple of weeks!


Our peach trees bear fruit sporadically in our climate in Colorado. We seem to get a hard freeze in the late spring about once every third year, and on those years there's no fruit to be had. This year we are looking forward to a bumper crop...


One of my favorite flowers is the hydrangea, but I've never had one in my garden until this year. I finally realized a perfect spot for them and the three I planted are thriving...


Our clematis are out in full force right now. I cut my clematis down every fall 12 inches from the ground. If I forget to do it in the fall, then I do it early spring (like this year). To say they are fast growers is an understatement...


Wishing you a happy day!

 Linked to:
Tuesday Garden Party @ An Oregon Cottage
Bloomin' Tuesday @ Ms. Green Thumb Jeans
Garden Tuesday @ Sidewalk Shoes