Tuesday, October 27, 2009

"Sassafras"

Mmmmm. Ever had home-made root beer? There's nothing better on a hot summer day than a little sassafras. It's a favorite of mine. Very sweet and intoxicating. Kind of like this new tote I created today. That's why I named her "Sassafras." She's sweet and intoxicating! I love these beautiful fall/winter colors -- root beer brown, salmon red, golden wheat, pumpkin orange with a kick of cool turquoise. Turquoise is the color of choice this year in many fabrics -- that's for sure. This (aptly named) fabric line, "Hot Blossom", is the creation of Josephine Kimberling for Robert Kaufman fabrics.

Today I did a little designing and creating. I designed a new pattern and put it together with these beautiful fabrics. This Hang Up has all the usual features. It's fully lined, interfaced and fleeced with two roomy pockets. Yes, it has all that and much more, including:

a rounded frame for the button...

three of the cutest pleats you ever did meet...

an ample, spacious interior for all of your needs
and wants...

I think she's adorable.