Monday, June 24, 2013

Suzanne's Banana Pudding...


I made something yummy for the hubs for Father's Day. He deserves the best, so I wanted it to be special. I think I delivered. This Banana Pudding Recipe is simple and delicious, which for me is the very best kind of recipe.The recipe is one I adapted from a Pinterest find. I think I made it even more deletable! You might want to try it!


Suzanne's Banana Pudding 
 {Serves 6-8}

16 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 cups ice cold water
3.4 oz. box of instant banana pudding mix
Half pint heavy whipping cream
1 box Nilla Wafers
4 ripe bananas, sliced

Directions

This pudding is best when "aged" to perfection. Ideally it should be made 12 - 24 hours ahead for best results, but you can get away with 4 hours ahead.

In a mixing bowl, mix sweetened condensed milk with water for about a minute. Add pudding mix and beat for an additional three minutes. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.

Two hours later, in another large bowl on high speed, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Reduce speed of mixer to very slow and gently fold the pudding mixture into the whipped cream until fully combined.


In large serving bowl, put a thin layer of pudding followed by a layer of wafers, bananas, and more pudding. Repeat the layering, ending with pudding on top and some crushed wafers for decoration. You should have three layers of wafers and bananas and four layers of pudding mixture. I use an  8" glass pedestal bowl.


This pudding is light, fluffy, and decadent and is the perfect summertime dessert. 
I hope you like it too!