Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Lionus {the rag tag blanket} Pattern & Tutorial

Update: Lionus  -- the rag tag blanket
is now available in my Etsy store.

Goodness you've been patient. I promised this pattern and tutorial weeks ago! Fortunately, the last few days I had some time to tweak the pattern and create a tutorial!

Lionus {pronounced "Linus"} is an adorable, soft and cuddly rag tag sensory blanket for the adorable, soft and cuddly baby in your life. Lionus would be perfect for the baby who roars -- if you know what I mean. {Tag blankets have been known to have a calming affect on babies.}


Lionus can be made from any combination of fabrics and colors. I choose to use a variety of textured fabrics and ribbons, that include: cotton, faux fur, felt, faux suede, and satin and grosgrain ribbons. By interacting with and exploring the different surfaces of the blanket and ribbons, babies senses are both soothed and stimulated.


The Lionus pattern and tutorial will be sent to my readers free of charge for the next 24 hours. On Thursday morning I will transfer the pattern to the shelves of my Etsy shop and you'll be able to purchase it there!


Lionus' final measurements are 14" wide by 15.5" tall. 
He's the perfect companion to soothe a fussy or bored baby!