Monday, November 02, 2009

Been busy...

I've been busy lately trying to build up my Etsy shop a bit. Last week I finished off six dwipes (dwipes = a diaper and wet-wipe mini-tote) and included them in my shop. The little boy dwipes that I added are made from fabric from the Oh Boy! line by David Walker Studio for Free Spirits Fabrics. This line has a charming array of designs from dinosaurs to trains, lions to planes, and dots to robots! It's everything a little boy could ask for.

I buy a good deal of my fabric online. Even with the shipping costs, the cost is comparative to what I would spend in a quilting (fabric) store in town for the same fabric, and there is often much more of a selection online of the types of fabrics I prefer. I've had good and better experiences with online fabric stores. I'd like to highlight an Etsy fabric store that I particularly like -- Fresh Squeezed Fabrics!

Some say I'm particular. Some say I'm picky. Others might say I'm choosy, finicky, and persnickety. If I was to be honest, I would have to agree with them -- especially when it comes to fabric. I like my fabric to arrive in pristine condition. Nicely folded. Carefully packaged. On time arrival. It's wonderful when you find a store that meets all those qualifications. That's how my fabric arrives when it comes from Fresh Squeezed. Randi, owner of Fresh Squeezed Fabrics, is a fellow Coloradan and she has a delightful and inspirational blog as well. I just thought I'd pass on the information, as I know I appreciate getting other people's recommendations.

Anyway, here's a sampling of the dwipes I made with the Oh Boy! fabric I recently purchased from Fresh Squeezed Fabrics...


You can check out Just Another Hang Up's Etsy store, to see these and the new little girl dwipes I created!

Don't forget to scroll down and enter my Give-Away Give-Away -- a tribute to breast cancer survivors and their caregivers and supporters...