Monday, March 19, 2012

Little Bunny...

On Friday I tried my hand at making a bunny that I want to make for our quadruplet grandbabies for Easter. We don't have quadruplet grandbabies in the real sense -- each one has a different set of parents -- but they were born within months of each other last year, so they are very close in age. Anywho, they aren't old enough to appreciate a Snap Trap (what I've made for the other grandchildren for Easter), so I had to come up with something different for them.

I started with a sketch and went from there. Generally when I create a pattern it needs to be tweaked at least once before I get it right. This was no exception. It needs to be enlarged in areas, so I'm back to my sewing machine this morning to try my hand at it a second time. If I get it right I'll be ready to share the pattern and tutorial. This little bunny has a dual purpose that I'll tell you about later. For now here's a little sneak peek at my first attempt...


Have a beautiful Spring day!

15 comments:

Chris said...

Oh Suzanne I can't wait to see the WHOLE thing in its finished form!!! (So far it sure looks cute!) Happy sewing today, I'll check back tomorrow! :) No pressure to get it done and posted!!:)

Southern Gal said...

Cute!

piece peace said...

Adorable so far! I cannot wait to see the rest.

Malmbergs said...

Looking forward to final product! Darling so far!

p.s.phyllis sews said...

It looks like you are making it from flannel? The colors are fabulous! Have fun tweaking the design!

Linda Southworth said...

I may have to see this cute little bunny hop to make for my new grandson. Have a great day sewing!

krazgrl said...

Can't wait to see ALL of mr. bunny, he sure looks cute.

Elizabeth said...

I adore everything you create and this is no exception. Can't wait to see the finished bunny!

Thank you for always generously sharing your creations!

glassyladyks said...

Cute already!! I have a little one that will love this!

Cherie said...

You are sneakyyyy! This looks like it is going to be so cute. Hurry with a full picture!

Tracy said...

Tease! He's a sweetie already! Can't wait to see the rest of him

quilt happy said...

thats what my son says[ mama was a kid back when the dinosaurs roamed]

Angela said...

Love them!!!

WahineHonu3 said...

O' My Gosh this bunnies are so cute for Easter. Especially with their buck teeth. CUTE...

Carolyn said...

Thank you very much for sharing your ideas. I really enjoy looking at your site. It has become one of my favorites. Keep on sharing. I would love the pattern for the Little Bunny Boo Boo.
Thanks.
Carolyn