Monday, March 12, 2012

Changes...


Hey Faithful Readers,

Spring has sprung in Colorado,


and with the transition in seasons I feel the need to make some changes too!

It's time to announce a blog and Etsy Shop change 
that I've been contemplating for awhile...

I love giving away my patterns and ideas free of charge. I have received so many kind comments and emails from readers who appreciate the "free tutorials/patterns" on my blog. I receive great satisfaction from freely sharing my talents.

Lately, however, I've come to a point where I feel as if I want to change my Etsy shop 
to a {mostly} pattern {instead of product} store. 

So ... here's what I've come up with...

There will still be many free tutorials and patterns on my blog that will be shared with all. Occasionally, however, I will post a sewing tutorial and ask my followers to send me an email for the pattern. For the first couple of days the pattern will be sent via email  free of charge  to my faithful readers who request it. After that time period, the pattern will be placed in my Etsy store and for a nominal fee {around $2-$4} others will be able to purchase the pattern.This policy will reward those who are followers of my blog and still permit me to market my patterns.

This is a solution I feel good about and hopefully one that will help me grow the business side of my Etsy without cutting into the personal side of my blog that I love the most. Thank you so much for your support and friendship. I appreciate the thoughtful and kind comments I receive from each of you!

PS -- Thanks to all who voted for my "owl heating pads" on Sew, Mama, Sew's "True Love Contest." Those little birdies came in 1st Place in that contest!!!!