Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Bloomin' Tuesday

I can't believe it's the end of March and I'm already publishing a Bloomin' Tuesday post! Seventy plus degree weather seems to bring out the best in trees and plants. We've had a warming trend for the last several weeks -- temps in the 70's and bright sunshiny days -- which is gorgeous spring weather that is somewhat unusual for this time of year. Granted Colorado weather is delightful much of the time, but average temps are closer to the 60's in March than the high 70's. As a result this year the trees and bushes are budding unusually early...


 {Peach Tree} 

As much as I love these beautiful blossoms at night we're still awfully close to freezing temps. Fruit is unlikely this year since they are budding so early. We didn't get any peaches last year for the same reason. I love peaches, so I'll hold some positive thoughts. The pear tree is also showing off...


{Pear Tree}

Typically our lilac bushes are in their element throughout the month of May. If the warm weather keeps up we'll have a centerpiece of lilacs on our table for Easter. Lilacs are one of my favorite cut flowers. I love their spring green leaves, their deep purple flowers, the way they drape over a vase, and their gorgeous fragrance!

{Lilac}

Even the Pansies and the Primroses are in flaunting mode...

 {Pansy}

 {Primroses - above & below}


Spring is definitely in the air!

Linked to:
Garden Tuesday @ Sidewalk Shoes
Bloomin' Tuesday @ Ms Green Thumb Jean


11 comments:

lesa said...

I love spring flowers! Beautiful photos.

Darla said...

My husband ordered me two lilacs and they came in yesterday, zones 3 - 7. I am 8b, I put them in containers so they can have afternoon shade. No way they can handle our late day sun here. Any tips will be greatly appreciated on growing them. I love the blooms on your fruit trees....fingers crossed you get some fruit this year.

Pam said...

I put out my basil yesterday, I know I'm taking a chance, but it is just sooo warm! Thanks for linking up.

Terrie said...

Spring is sprung. Seeing buds to blooming is thriving. So pretty flowers.

Becca's Dirt said...

Beautiful plants and flowers. I love primroses but haven't added them yet. They are on my list though. I hope you get some fruit on your trees. I'm expecting some good eating peaches this year. Have a nice day.

Athena at Minervas Garden said...

I love pink and white flowers in the spring, and yours are very lovely! Thank you for this post.

http://minervasgarden.com

Chris said...

Ahhh they are all so beautiful, I can smell them over here! :) Spring seems to have come early here as well...we have loads of Cherry blossoms and the daffodils are almost finished. My peonies are almost ready to pop open and my hydrangea bushes are full of new leaves. How anyone could look at the beauty of spring and not see our amesome creator amazes me!

Sugarr2518 said...

Beautiful pictures of the flowers! I'm soo happy Spring is here too:)

Jean said...

Beautiful peach blossom photos! Lovin' the early spring but our nights are in the 20's this week. Happy Bloomin' Tuesday!

Ellen said...

Beautiful flowers, especially knowing you live in CO!

Thanks for visiting me at A Season for All Things. I'm youre 2001st follower and look forward to reading more great posts.

Paula said...

Love your blossoms! I am amazed you have so much growing already! Wan't conference wonderful! Thanks for sharing these photo's. Paula from Idaho http://bucketideasforgardening.blogspot.com/