Wednesday, January 02, 2019

Happy New Year and a couple of quilts...


I hope you had a fun New Year's Celebration! I'm looking forward to 2019. Our home will be finished and we'll be moving into it in early summer, which will be wonderful. Till then we are in our little apartment. At this point in our lives I haven't minded being in a smaller place at all. Moving on I think I've gotten a little of my mojo back as far as quilting is concerned. Last week I was searching the internet and came upon two quilting stores I hadn't visited before. They both offered adorable Christmas fabric, so I decided to make us some Christmas quilts for next year. I guess Christmas came and went too quickly for me this year! The first collection of fabrics was found at the Etsy Store Sewcial Studio. It's from a line titled "Swedish Christmas" by Northcott Fabrics.


I love the combinations of these fabrics and those little birdies! I look forward to putting this one together.

The next combination of fabrics comes from LouLou's Fabric Shop. The fabric collection is called "Rustique Winter," by Emily Herrick Designs for Michael Miller Fabrics. I think they both have a similar woodland "feel." I think I'll keep both of these quilts and put them out at Christmastime each year!


First I'm going to finish "my" quilt. I've had that fabric since we left Colorado last June! I also have a grandbaby quilt I need to finish before I start these Christmas quilts. Priorities!