Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Baked Oatmeal...


When my kids were young I always woke up before the crack of dawn to get their breakfasts and help start their day off right. Now that they are grown and gone I take my mornings at a much more leisurely pace. This morning, however, I wanted to treat my husband to a yummy breakfast, so I was up early.


The first time I tasted Baked Oatmeal was when my daughter-in-law made it for us a few years ago. Her family has a recipe that they've been using for years, and it is delicious! I love their recipe, but many of my recipes are still stored in a POD, so when this recipe came up in my Facebook feed yesterday I decided to use it. It's from the blog "Sally's Baking Addiction" --  1 Bowl Baked Oatmeal. This recipe is delicious too! It has tons of fiber, yummy berries, and only a small amount of sugar via the maple syrup. (In my opinion you could even use less sugar than is called for.) So yummy.


And... of course "everything tastes better baked in Polish Pottery." That's an old Polish proverb... or it should be if it isn't. In September we visited our son and his family in Germany.  I've always loved Polish pottery, but we took a day trip to Bolshewiek, Poland (home of Polish pottery) and I became a bit obsessed. My husband is considering an intervention. It is definitely in order. Anyway, we brought home as much as our suitcases would allow, and I've been picking up new pieces here and there ever since.


This delicious Oatmeal Bake is a wonderful way to start your day.  Wishing you a good one!