Monday, May 01, 2017

New quilt pattern...


It feels good to show a quilt made from a different pattern. People have asked me what patterns I use. I just make them up. They are all very simple designs, and I've sewn enough over the years to use math and design to come up with different patterns. This particular quilt is for a teenager, so it's larger than the ones I've been making lately...


The finished measurements for this quilt is about 50" x 60". It's plenty big for a lap quilt for an adult.


This quilt is a true scrap quilt. I love looking at it because I remember where and when I used each of those fabrics. The teenager who is getting this quilt loves the color blue, so I think I hit the nail on the head with the colors for this one.


I tried a different design for the longarm quilting on this one. The quilter recommended it, and I really like how it turned out...


The design is more geometric (rather than swirly), and it feels a little retro. She also used a grayish-blue thread, which helps the design stand out on the white fabric and not fight with the blue fabrics. I kind of love it...


This week I'm picking up five quilts from the longarm quilter that have been quilted
and dropping four more off.