Monday, March 06, 2017

Quilt Show...


It's been a couple of weeks since I posted, and I've been very busy. I spent ten days in San Diego with a new granddaughter and my daughter's family. One of my sons and his wife recently moved there too, which is wonderfully convenient. Here's a picture of the little {5 pounds 15 ounces} peanut...


It's not very often we get a grandbaby with hair, let alone hair you can part and twist around your little finger! She is wonderful, as are her siblings and parents, and I miss them like crazy.

This weekend I went to a Quilt Show put on by an interfaith quilt group in our hometown. This group makes quilts, has an annual show and sale, and donates the proceeds to a local charity. {I'm a novice quilter, but I'd love to get involved in that group.}

Anyway, I took some photos of some of the quilts and thought I'd share them with you today...



I loved the section below. Those are vintage quilt tops that have been saved for someone to purchase and make "new." Love that salmon/peach and white one in the center...


The following two quilts were not for sale but from personal collections of quilters. They were kind enough to share with the rest of us. Beautiful...


And my personal favorite is below. I love everything about it...


Later this week I will show you one or two of the quilts I've been piecing lately. They are nothing like the quilts above, but cute all the same.