Tuesday, March 07, 2017

One down, 39 to go...


Since I arrived home from California I've been doing the proverbial sweat-shop thing and working on my goal of making a lap quilt for every person in our family for Christmas 2017. That didn't seem like such a big deal, till I added us all up. {Yikes.} This is the first one completely finished, but I have seven more waiting to be professionally quilted or with just the binding to be added! This first one is for a little two year old bundle of joy that loves "bink" {pink}. Finished it is 46 inches x 46 inches. Below it is back from the longarm quilter and ready for binding...


I'm new to this quilting thing, and as I was sewing this quilt I was thinking I should have put another constrasting color in it besides pink. It's a little Pepto Bismol-ish. Let's all just think of it as monocromatic, and call it good. This two-year-old peanut loves pink, so it might just be dreamy in her eyes. Here's the finished version...


I mentioned previously that I attended a quilt show last weekend. I looked at all those intricate quilts and realized mine are veerrryyy simple, but I love showcasing the fabrics themselves.The fabrics on this quilt are adorable. Some are from my stash and some are more recently released lines...


Moda, Just Another Walk in the Woods, Tiles A Pretty Cream...


Moda, Just Another Walk in the Woods, Forest Furries Pink


Moda, Just Another Walk in the Woods, Ruffles & Ruffles Dark Pink


Riley Blake, Snug as a Bug, Snails Pink


Riley Blake, Butterfly Dance, Caterpillar Pink


I buy most of my fabrics at Fabric.com. {This is not an endorsement per se, but I do like the ease of ordering online and getting free shipping.}


I have fallen in love with long-arm quilting. Having this quilt professionally quilted made even this all-pink-quilt come alive. The texture professional quilting adds to a piece is amazing. Here's the back of the quilt -- more Forest Furries and scraps of the other fabrics...


One down... 39 to go.