Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Smoothies...


One of our sons lived with us for a couple of months this year. This particular child of mine is a healthy eater. It's impressive. One way he influenced me was he got me to love smoothies for breakfast. I love going to the store {or to my garden}, getting a bunch of fruits and veggies and creating a different smoothie each morning from the food in my fridge. Almond milks, pecans, apples, cucumbers, carrots, squash, kale, spinach, bananas, melons, berries of all kinds -- these {and more} have made it into my morning smoothies. This morning it was simple:

Ice, almond milk, spinach, apple, cucumber...


It was delicious -- especially after weeding in the garden for an hour. I love the fact that I can have a good deal of my daily allotment of fruits and veggies by 10am!

When I was in Nashville last week I was introduced to two different kinds of smoothies. I made the chocolate one for dessert this week. It's that good! If you're a smoothie lover, you'll want to try these. You can personalize the amounts of ingredients to suit your needs, but I'll give you approximations.

Apple Cinnamon Smoothie
6 cubes of ice
8 oz. Vanilla Almond Milk
1 apple
2 small handfuls spinach
1/4 cup pecans
1/4 cup Kashi Go Lean Crunch - Cinnamon

Peanut Butter Crunch
6 cubes of ice
8 oz. Dark Chocolate Almond Milk
1 rounded Tbsp. Greek Yogurt
1 rounded Tbsp. Peanut Butter
1 banana
1/4 cup Kashi Go Lean Crunch - Cinnamon