Monday, August 31, 2009

Bloomin' Tuesday

It's been a month since I posted a Bloomin' Tuesday post. To say that August was a busy month for us is a gross understatement, however September has arrived and things are beginning to slow down, so I'm happy to have a few photos to share. We were out of town most of last week attending additional wedding festivities. We managed to travel to two states -- Utah and Georgia. On Sunday we came home from the east coast. We had attended a wedding reception for the bride and groom in Georgia hosted by the groom's family. I'd never been to Georgia and I was so impressed -- such a beautiful state. I flew home thinking that my garden, which had been flagrantly ignored for a week would be in shambles. I was pleasantly surprised. Temperatures have cooled and our garden has had a bit of a resurgence. I love it when this happens. The flowers seem to want to express their loveliness one last time before fall comes bustling in. Here is a sampling of what's happening in our garden this week:

Some annual (for Colorado) hibiscus still strutting their stuff..

and our delicious perennial hibiscus, "Luna Pink Swirl."

Bougainvillea and clematis are still gracing us with their vibrant colors...

and my impatiens are appreciating these cooler temps.


For more Bloomin' Tuesday posts,
visit Ms. Green Thumb Jean's to see what's blooming
in other areas of the country...