Sunday, April 29, 2012

Thankful Thoughts...

What moved me this week?

For the last couple of months I've intimated that our family has run up against a few bumps on our typically smooth road of life. I've learned a lot about what is truly important as a result of these trials. Inconsequential things that used to concern me have lost significance and meaning. It's much simpler to determine what is crucial or what is immaterial when crises arise. I consider this new-found ability to judge situations and circumstances more clearly a huge blessing.

This week one of the bumps on our road got a whole lot smaller. About a month ago my daughter-in-law was diagnosed with cancer. Preventative surgery followed that diagnosis, and when the pathology reports came back this week it was determined that the cancer hadn't spread -- at all. No further action is necessary. We were weak with gratitude. I'm aware that not all outcomes are this joyous. I'm just grateful that hers was.

What moved me this week? 

1.) The knowledge that prayers are answered. 
2.) The belief that miracles do happen. 
3.) The feeling that God watches over us all.