Wednesday, April 25, 2012

One More Outdoor Cushion...

I love to make lists. Every morning I make a "to do" list and faithfully check it off throughout the day. There's something about a "graphic organizer" that gives me the fuel I need to get things done. My lists have been long lately. Ten to twenty items are checked off every day. Although that would give you the impression that things are getting accomplished around here, there's not much to show for it. Yesterday, however, I finally finished one important item on my list and checked it off!

Earlier this month I recovered some outdoor cushions for two of our patio sets and repainted the wrought iron furniture...

Fabric: Volary by Thomas Paul for Suburban Home

Fabric: Kimono by Thomas Paul for Suburban Home
Paint: Rust-oleum Painter's Touch Espresso 

I still had one more item on my list to check off before I finished redecorating our outdoor furniture. Our rattan bench cushion needed to be recovered. Yesterday afternoon I cranked that one out...


I chose an outdoor fabric that I found at Fabric.com for this bench seat cushion. In order to make sure this fabric would compliment the other fabrics I had already chosen, I first ordered a fabric swatch. Tommy Bahama Indoor/Outdoor Redonda Raffia was chosen from a couple of possibilities. I was so happy that I was able to buy swatches before the final purchase because the fabric that I was leaning toward, wasn't the one I ultimately chose.