Thursday, April 12, 2012

Sneak Peek: "Trunk for the Junk"

Oh my goodness!!! It's been a busy week. I've been helping my husband settle into a new office building. It's so exciting to have him working in the same town where we live. That's never been the case. He's always worked a distance away from our home -- usually in adjoining towns -- but for the last 4 1/2 years he worked as a consultant for a company in California. With few exceptions he would fly to southern California early Tuesday morning and come home very late Thursday night. That's one of the reasons I would get so much sewing done during the week. Sewing/crafting kept me busy while he was gone. That contract ended in February, and even though his new contract is with another company in southern California this company allows him to work at "home". He's rented office space and is now working ten minutes away. Do I hear a "Whoopee!" Seriously, we are so grateful for the blessing of being able to spend more time together.

After a busy week, I was finally able to settle down and do a little sewing today. A week ago one of my daughters-in-law asked me if I might make a couple of totes for their car. One would collect garbage and the other would be a receptacle for the toys that collect on the floor of their car. As much as we love the children in our lives, we all know they can trash a car within moments of setting foot in a vehicle. A beautifully detailed chariot transforms into a wagon of rubble with the onslaught of children. It's a fact -- not judging -- I've been there. Having these "Trunks for the Junk" should improve the tidiness of any vehicle. Here's a sneak peak...


I've seen a lot of variations of "kid organizers" for cars, but my daughter-in-law wanted a simplified version. No pockets or tucks or froo-froo -- just a bag that you can shove junk into in a hurry. There's wisdom in that.

I'll be making the pattern, tutorial and more pictures available to all early next week. This should be a nice addition to any car as we embark on the season of road trips! It could also be a nice gift for mothers (or grandmothers!) for Mother's Day!