Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Roses, Impatiens & Nasturtiums are Blooming

I've had a few late bloomers in my yard this year. I love going out into my garden and discovering a blossom that I didn't expect! With the cooler weather some plants have given up the ghost, while others have gotten their second wind and thrived. This week we have roses making a last curtain call...Impatiens that have been invigorated by the cooler, Fall weather...and Nasturtiums making their debut! (Click on photos.)

Roses making their last curtain call...

Impatiens getting their second wind...

The show stealers!

Head on over to Ms. Green Thumb Jean's for more Bloomin' Tuesday posts!

10 comments:

Dee said...

Those little orange and yellow ones are really lovely for fall! Just beautiful- they really do steal the show!

nancybond said...

Oh yes, your nasturtiums are lovely, too! And impatiens are one of my favorite container plants. :)

Darla said...

Beautiful colors and I love impatients as well.

Sweetie said...

Your impatience are beautiful. I plant several pots each year. However, the Nasturtiums really caught my eye. My mother and my grandmother always had them growing in their gardens. Wonderful post.
Sweetie

Aiyana said...

Soon, my roses will start blooming again. The first couple were small, but in another month, they will be back to size.
Everything was lovely in Denver last week. Saw a lot of flowers there. Your photos are great!
Aiyana

Renna said...

They are all so lovely. Your yard must be very colorful. I've noticed recently that the Morning Glories around my mailbox have gotten their second wind with the cooler weather. Unfortunately, their leaves are looking pretty sad. I'm hoping the blooms quickly take over and cover the leaves!

Anne Fannie said...

Hi Suzanne, I just love your show stoppers, the Nasturtiums. Mine are just starting to come up now. I think I only noticed one bloom on mine. Your roses are making a great curtain call, and your impatiences are very pretty!
Love, Ann

Jean said...

Suzanne, I'm loving the Nasturtiums. Great fall colors. I'm glad to see your garden is getting it's second wind. Great photos! Happy Bloomin' Tuesday! Jean

the pleasures of homemaking said...

The nastrutiums are just so pretty! I too love going out to see what new surprises I can find in the garden.

Manuela

Deb said...

Suzanne, your flowers are always so beautiful...and the way you post them so classy! I always enjoy visiting although I've been absent on Bloomin Tues for awhile.