Thursday, September 18, 2008

:o)

I would like to make a confession. I am an event dieter. It's true. I always seem to take off the pounds a littler easier if I have an occasion looming in the distance... like a wedding. I've been pretty good lately -- it's been a slow and steady process, but a few pounds have come off and I've felt pretty good about that.

I'm afraid today I may gain it all back. You see, I am also an event eater. I tend to want to put anything and everything in my mouth and consume it when I'm nervous. My darling daughter-in-law is having their baby today. A command performance (induction) has been scheduled. I'm so excited and nervous. This is my 5th grandbaby. You'd think I would be able to control the nerves better by now, but that's not going to happen.

Anyway, I woke up this morning craving these:

and these

Fortunately, when I'm in this type of circumstance, I go into cleaning mode. I run around my house like a banshee cleaning anything and everything in site. It was only after I turned on my oven's cleaning cycle that I realized it would be difficult to make the above mentioned delicacies without an operable oven! A sweet little ploy, if you ask me. The cleaning cycle will be completed in four hours. Hopefully, by then the baby will have arrived (wishful thinking, I know) and I won't have any need for any of these goodies. If it's a long labor, I'll have to whip some up and have two or three (or six or seven).

All this rambling to ask this little favor: Please send up a little prayer on behalf of my sweet daughter-in-law and grandbaby. (Laboring women deserve all the help that is available!) I'll be sure to post a photo when the baby has arrived.